About TPT – magazine «4»
You can find here after:
- 24/2/2021, TPT-«4″‘s status in the Fourth International
- December 2020, The Editorial Committee of «4» on joining the Synantisi
- 4/10/2020, Statement on joining the Synantisi
- 3/1/2019, TPT: Who we are and how we function
- 23/12/2017, see also Founding declaration (23/12/2017)
TPT-«4″‘s status in the Fourth International:
- “The Fourth International recognizes that the Greek section is currently divided in two groups: the majority carries the historical name of the Greek section, OKDE-Spartakos, and the minority currently the name TPT (Fourth International Programmatic Tendency). […]» IC, 24/02/2021.
The Editorial Committee of «4» on joining the Synantisi (extract from “4” number 6 editorial, december 2020):
In the promising efforts toward an elaboration of the programmatic, political, and organizational process, including recomposition and the establishment of networks, at least in Greece, but also beyond, we, the «Fourth International programmatic tendency», want to contribute with all our means. The difficulties, the highs and lows of all these years of «crisis», have left none of us unaffected, but we must not allow ourselves to be trapped in the various impasses of ideological self-justification, far from the reality of the class struggle – as unfortunately happened with groupings like LAE-Popular Unity (with which we disagreed) or ANTARSYA, in which we participated and with which we have not severed our ties.
Synantisi, an organization in which we were initially «observers», has taken its own steps boldly, as an entity, and it has become essential for us to join this project as full members. We do not have ready-made solutions to the various issues at stake, but among comrades we can look for them together.
We have the advantage of an International which can help us, both as a condensation of strategic memory and experience, but also, and more immediately, as a current and useful international network. The reverse is also true: the experience of successive splits and searches and recompositions, which have marked our country, can contribute to the common international elaboration. Without artificial agreements or preconditions, but also without mistrust between comrades, our presence within Synantisi is with the intention to contribute to this strategic, political, dynamic process of elaboration, which we all so much need.
The Editorial Committee of «4»
(extract from “4” number 6 editorial)
Statement on joining the Synantisi
From: TPT (Fourth International Programmatic Tendency) & magazine “4”
To : the Coordination and the Organizing Committee of the 2nd Conference of Synantisi (Meeting for an Anticapitalist Internationalist Left)
Statement – Request
During the 1st Conference of Synantisi, a rift had recently developed between our group and OKDE Spartakos and our relationship with them had not yet been clarified. We then stated that we wanted to take part in your effort as observers and not as regular members.
Today, as our split with OKDE Spartakos has been for some time finalized, and we now constitute an independent group from our previous organization, we would like to join Synantisi as regular members and participate in the Conference, at the same time maintaining the publication of our magazine “4” as well as our relationship with the 4th International, the central aim of which, since the collapse of ‘actually existing socialism’, has been the recomposition of the anticapitalist left, with multiple recomposition projects internationally.
TPT (4th International) & magazine “4”
TPT: Who we are and how we function
TPT is a public tendency of OKDE-Spartakos, the Greek section of the FI.
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/okdetpt/
TPT (Tetartothiethnistiki Programmatiki Tasi – Fourth International Programmatic Tendency) is a public tendency of OKDE-Spartakos, the Greek section of the FI. As such, it was formed in December 2017 with a founding declaration which was signed by several members of OKDE-Spartakos on the occasion of the conference of the Greek section in anticipation of the FI world congress in 2018. Clearly, the previous years provide the contextual background leading up to this declaration and the ensuing continuity; in November 2018, TPT decided, in face of the impasses revealed during OKDE-Spartakos’ national conference, to proceed with the publication of the magazine, 4. Texts pertaining to the political identity of TPT can be found on the tendency’s site, and its function may be outlined as follows:
1) TPT functions politically independently, within the framework of the FI, particularly to the extent that OKDE-Spartakos is diverging politically and ideologically from the Fourth International. It remains part of OKDE-Spartakos as long as the latter has not reached a total rupture with its statutory origins, and it strives by political and collective means to reverse the present course of OKDE-Spartakos.
2) Inside OKDE-Spartakos, TPT argues politically on fundamental political issues, as it was forced to abandon the effort to correct partial practices of the organization in order to avert all unnecessary friction provoked by the hostility of the majority against the FI and TPT. It is for this reason that TPT decided to be represented in the Central Committee not proportionally (by 20% as it had in the conference), but by just one member.
3) TPT members participate, as far as possible, in OKDE-Spartakos cells. However, TPT functions through its weekly cell meeting. Newcomers participate and are recruited in this cell on an equal basis, regardless of whether they participate or not in another cell of the organization.
4) TPT acts publicly and autonomously through its magazine, 4, its internet site, and its interventions, wherever and however it judges appropriate, pivoting on the realization of the politics of revolutionary Marxism and the Fourth International. The dissemination of the program of the FI (decisions, communiques, elaborations, information, discussions, practices, …) within the Greek left and society in general is one significant task that OKDE-Spartakos has abandoned, and which TPT undertakes as a public tendency of the Greek section of the FI. The other task is the realization of this revolutionary line in Greece, on the level of discourse and praxis.
TPT – Magazine 4
See also Founding declaration (23/12/2017)